Legislative Aide at the State Capitol
Job Announcement from House Democrats
Being the Legislative Aide puts you in the middle of the state's most exciting political action. You will meet, work with, and support state legislators who are changing policy to keep our budget balanced, create jobs, improve education, expand health care and grow our economy.
Aides help in the implementation of the House Democrat's goals by providing written, administrative and logistical support. Duties include organizing the lawmaker's day-to-day work, scheduling meetings and events, maintaining contact lists and files, doing issue research, supporting their work on legislation, interacting with constituents, and if appropriate, supervising interns and doing light policy work.
We are looking for:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizing abilities and "people skills"
- Interest in Colorado politics and statewide issues
- Basic knowledge of Colorado government
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Computer skills (word, excel, VAN/database, social media, web skills preferred, but not required)
- Good judgment, flexibility, common sense, and a sense of humor
Positions will start December 2015 – January 2016, depending on the legislator's schedule.
Salary: $11/hour, up to 30 hours/week, depending on agreement and scheduling with legislator. No benefits, no vacations from early January 6 to mid-May.
This is a "session only" position, which must end sooner than 7 months after the start date.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This shared publication from the House Democrats of CO does not convey an endorsement of any kind from Roosevelt @ DU. Roosevelt @ DU is strictly non-partisan and will share any publication from any political party.